Updates

Status: Drafting the fourth book in the PERILOUS series!

Monday, February 11, 2013

When Dreams Are Reality

There are many times when I reflect on how discouraging life can be, or how frustrating it is to be an author, or what a pathetic mother I feel like.

It thus only seems appropriate, when I've been blessed and am overwhelmed with gratitude, that I should publicly say so.

The scripture in Malachi 3:10 is often on my mind: "...if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

I feel this so literally in my life that I am overwhelmed, I have goosebumps just to imagine all the wonderful things the Lord has done for me. My children are amazing, and every moment that the little one in my belly wiggles just reminds me of the miracle of creation, and I'm awed that I get to be a part of it. My husband loves us with a devotion that pushes him onward and drives him to constantly work harder because he wants the very best for our lives. We have a house. A beautiful, large house that will comfortably hold us (and perhaps more of us!) for years to come. We have food in the pantry, in the cupboards, in the refrigerator, enough that I can play with recipes and serve my family all the strangely exotic dishes I want. My books are doing well, and there's more on the horizon. And most of all, we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives to keep us grounded and knit our hearts together.

I'm an author. I'm a wife. I'm a mother. I'm a baker. I living my dream. I tremble sometimes to think of all the wonderful things in my life. I could not feel more fulfilled. I am so grateful.


1 comment:

Librarian said...

Tamara, I can relate to this overwhelming feeling of gratitude so well! It seems to be the dominating emotion in my own life, even though, seen from the outside and measured by material standards, I am nowhere near as "rich" as you are; my husband died 3 years ago, I struggle to keep paying the mortgage on my small but comfortable flat, and my health needs constant attention. But that's just what someone would see from the outside - things look much different in my heart!
Thank you for reminding me of that beautiful quote from Malachi. I know just the person to email it to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...